Greek Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
Keftedakia, a classic Greek dish, full of flavours mainly due to the aroma of the herbs. Delicious both with or without the sauce.
1. Place 1 of the onions, the fresh herbs and the soaked bread into a vegetable chopper and chop very finely.
2. Place the minced beef into a large bowl and add to it the chopped mixture, 4tbsp olive oil, vinegar, dry oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined, cover and place in the fridge for about 2 hours. This will make a difference in the taste.
3. Remove the mixture from the fridge, roll into small balls (approximately the size of large walnuts) then roll them in flour and deep fry for 15 minutes.
4. When ready, prepare the sauce. Finely chop the remaining onion and saute in a some olive oil. Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil then place the meatballs into the sauce. Simmer on a low heat for about 10 min till the sauce thickens.
5. Serve with any pasta or rice. Enjoy!